Details on Monday’s event.
Here’s where we stand as far as Monday night’s book release event at Sherlock’s Baker Street Pub & Grill in Dallas (9100 North Central Expressway), benefiting the Emilie Parker Memorial Fund, is concerned.
Current guests include Rangers Minor League Player of the Year Mike Olt and undefinable local celebrity Michael Gruber, formerly of The Ticket. I might have news later today on another player as well.
Ben Rogers of ESPN 103.3 FM will emcee the event.
You can bring your Bound Editions or whatever else you want to get autographed by our guests (limit two items per featured guest, please), and I’ll have 2013, 2012, and 2011 books on hand as well.
For every $10 you donate to Emilie’s Fund upon arrival, you will get one ticket for our raffle. Whoever makes the largest donation will get his or her choice of any one raffle item, and the remaining stuff will be awarded by drawing. We’ll have an auction of some bigger stuff as well. Participation in the raffle and auction are reserved for folks present at the event.
As with our December event, 100 percent of the raffle and auction proceeds will go toward Emilie’s Fund, which will support not only the Parker family but the other 19 families of the kids whose lives were lost at Sandy Hook Elementary as well.
The raffle and auction lists continue to grow, but for now I expect the following:
- Autographed baseballs, including Nolan Ryan, Ian Kinsler, Elvis Andrus, Jurickson Profar, Justin Grimm, Steve Buechele, John Wetteland, Ozzie Smith, Clayton Kershaw, Hunter Pence, Edinson Volquez, Alex Gordon
- Autographed baseball featuring most of the 2012 Rangers
- Autographed Rafael Palmeiro bat
- Autographed Hamilton/Cruz/Murphy bat
- Official MLB base autographed by Mike Olt
- Autographed Ruben Sierra jersey
- Autographed photos, including Nolan Ryan, Ted Williams, Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli, Martin Perez, Jesus Montero
- Autographed baseball cards, including Jurickson Profar, Mike Olt, Martin Perez,
- A sit-in with the Norm Hitzges Show at the Ticket studios for up to four people, including pre-show meetings and airing of Norm’s show
- A date with Grubes
- Lunch for four with Grubes
- Original Mike Olt painting by local artist Pat Payton
- Will Clark lithograph signed by Clark and artist Vernon Wells Sr.
- “2011 ALDS Champs” bottle of sparkling wine autographed by Elvis Andrus & Mike Adams
- Unused tickets for every 2010 Rangers playoff game
- Custom framing for a baseball jersey or baseball shadowbox ($500 value)
- Portrait session with celebrity photographer Kevin Jairaj ($500 value)
- Two lower bowl tickets and parking pass to any Rangers home game in 2013 (excluding Opening Day)
- Texas Stadium seatback featuring picture of Tom Landry
- Original Sporting News proof picture of Steve Buechele
- Seven Yu Darvish rookie cards
- Uncut sheet of Texas Rangers playing cards and set of Rangers playing cards
- Original art work of Buddy Bell for five cards in Rangers playing card set
- Two custom iPhone 4 cases, featuring local artist Pat Payton’s artwork of Nolan Ryan and Yu Darvish
- Dessert Chips and Salsa Gift Basket from Dread Head Chef
Other things to know:
- The autograph line will get moving at 6:00 pm, but you can arrive earlier if you’d like. We’ll plan to be at Sherlock’s until 9:00 pm, but please note that Olt may not be able to stay the entire time.
- There will be a set-up when you arrive where you can donate to Emilie’s Fund (and get your raffle tickets) and can buy Newberg Report books (I’ll have the 2013, 2012, and 2011 editions there, and will ship any other editions to you at my cost).
- However, while we’ve required the purchase of a Bound Edition in past years in order to get autographs, that is not necessary this year. I’d rather you donate to Emilie’s Fund first, and then if you want I’m certainly happy to sell you a book.
- We can take cash, checks, or credit card payments.
- Once the autograph line subsides, we’ll open up the floor for a Q&A/roundtable discussion with our guests.
Luther Davis and Bret Richards, who have auctioneered all our events the past few years, are out of town Monday. If you’re a professional auctioneer or know one who might be interested in helping us out Monday night, please let me know.
We’ve raised over $25,000 for Emilie’s Fund so far. Looking forward to kicking that number up further.
More details as they become available.