Final details for tonight’s Newberg Report Book Release Event.
Slight change in plans for tonight. Due to the volume of auction items and an effort to give everyone a chance to come away with some memorabilia or other cool stuff, we’re going to raffle off a bunch of the items, saving the rest for the live auction.
And former Rangers outfielder Kevin Mench wants in on this. He’ll be with us tonight to sign autographs along with our other guests.
Full event details are below, but first here’s the information on the raffle and auction.
For every $10 you donate to the Emilie Parker Memorial Fund upon arrival, you will get one ticket for the raffle. Whoever makes the largest donation will get his or her choice of any of the following 12 items. The remaining 11 will be raffled off by drawing at 7:30 (we’ll sell raffle tickets until 7:30 but will continue to take donations after that as well). The raffle list:
- Giant canvas 2010 World Series ticket autographed by Jon Daniels, Thad Levine, Josh Boyd, and Don Welke (courtesy of Allen Cordrey)
- Autographed Adrian Beltre baseball (courtesy of Allen Cordrey)
- Autographed Nolan Ryan baseball (courtesy of Corey Smith)
- Autographed Pudge Rodriguez baseball (courtesy of Keeli Garza)
- Autographed Rafael Palmeiro baseball (courtesy of Keeli Garza)
- Autographed Gaylord Perry baseball (courtesy of Autographs Ink)
- Autographed Fergie Jenkins baseball (courtesy of Autographs Ink)
- Autographed Jeff Burroughs baseball (courtesy of Autographs Ink)
- Autographed Hank Blalock baseball (courtesy of Autographs Ink)
- Autographed Kenny Rogers baseball (courtesy of Greg Holland)
- Autographed Orange Bowman Chrome Kellin Deglan baseball card, # 14/25 (courtesy of the Deglan family)
- Approximately 20 autographed Topps baseball cards donated by Connecticut native Mike Olt
The following 15 items will be auctioned off by Luther and Caleb Davis of Davis Auctioneers right after the 7:30 raffle drawing. The auction list:
- Framed original Yu Darvish drawing (courtesy of local artist Pat Payton)
- Full catered dinner for 40 people from Cane Rosso’s mobile oven – appetizers, salads, pizza, and desserts (value $1000) (courtesy of Jay Jerrier)
- Mickey Mantle/Joe DiMaggio signed photograph (courtesy of Caleb Davis of Davis Auctioneers)
- Private dinner with Baseball Prospectus staff on April 20, ticket to BP’s April 21 event at Rangers Ballpark, copy of the BP2013 annual, one-year BP subscription, & personalized Rangers replica jersey of your choice (courtesy of Joe Hamrahi)
- Game-used lineup card from Frisco RoughRiders’ inaugural 2003 season, signed by entire team (courtesy of Allen Cordrey)
- Opportunity to hang out with Ben & Skin during the airing of their 9-noon show on ESPN 103.3 FM (courtesy of Ben Rogers and Jeff “Skin” Wade)
- Opportunity to hang out with Galloway & Company during the airing of their 3-6pm show on ESPN 103.3 FM (courtesy of Matt Mosley)
- Opportunity to hang out with Emily Jones for an “all-access, behind-the-scenes experience” at a Rangers home game (courtesy of Emily Jones)
- Opportunity to hang out at taping of DFW SportsBeat with host Brady Tinker and Everson Walls (courtesy of Brady Tinker)
- Dallas Stars home jersey, autographed by Joe Nieuwendyk, Marty Turco, Gerald Diduck, and Bob Bassen (courtesy of Dallas Stars)
- Four tickets to a mutually agreed-on Sunday Rangers game, plus a half-inning on the P.A. system for a child (courtesy of Chuck Morgan)
- Autographed Jurickson Profar Pro-model bat (courtesy of Allen Cordrey)
- Autographed game-used bat donated by Mike Olt
- Autographed new bat donated by Mike Olt
- Autographed game-used infield glove donated by Mike Olt
All proceeds from the raffle and auction will go to the Emilie Parker Memorial Fund. Participation in the raffle and auction are reserved for folks present at the event.
However, if you can’t make it to the event and want to contribute to the Memorial Fund, you can go to Adam’s LoneStarBall website or Joey’s Baseball Time in Arlington site and do so. Several of you have also sent donations to my PayPal account (GJSneaker@sbcglobal.net), which is also fine. I’ll pass those along to the Memorial Fund along with tonight’s donations.
Other things to know:
- The party is at the Arlington location of Sherlock’s Baker Street Pub & Grill, at 254 Lincoln Square, a few blocks west of Rangers Ballpark.
- The autograph line will get moving at 6:00 pm, but you can arrive earlier if you’d like. We’ll plan to be at Sherlock’s until 9:00 pm.
- There will be a set-up when you arrive where you can donate to the Memorial Fund (and get your raffle tickets) and can buy Newberg Report Bound Editions (I’ll have the 2013, 2012, and 2011 books on hand, and will ship any other editions to you at my cost tomorrow, so that you have everything in time for the holidays).
- Again, though, while we’ve required the purchase of a Bound Edition in past years in order to get autographs, that is not necessary this year. I’d rather you donate to the Memorial Fund first, and then if you want I’m certainly happy to sell you a book.
- We can take cash or checks, and I’m hoping to be set up to take credit cards as well.
- You can bring your own stuff to get autographed, but please limit it to two autographs per baseball guest as you go through the line.
- At 7:30 we’ll take a break from autographs so Luther and Caleb Davis of Davis Auctioneers can conduct the raffle and live auction. Autographs will resume after that.
- Throughout the evening, Ben Rogers of ESPN 103.3 FM will emcee things, which will include interviews with our guests, Rangers minor league outfielder Preston Beck (a product of Bishop Lynch High School and UTA), Senior Special Assistant to the GM Don Welke, International Scouting Director Mike Daly, and former Rangers outfielder Kevin Mench.
- Once the autograph line subsides, we’ll open up the floor for a Q&A/roundtable discussion.
Don’t hesitate to bring your kids, especially this year. The room will be non-smoking.
Thanks to everyone who has stepped up in such a huge way on this, and especially to those of you who are coming tonight or supporting the effort in some other way.
Robbie & Emilie.