Preliminary auction/raffle details for Newberg Report Night.
Details are still coming together, but I wanted to get an update out on the auction and raffle for our eighth annual Newberg Report Night, on Sunday the 24th. We’ve had a bunch of cool things donated by many of you since the announcement that this year’s charitable contribution from the event, including 100 percent of the proceeds from the auction and raffle, will go to the Shannon Stone Family via the memorial account set up by the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation.
First, I’ve had dozens of emails asking the question, so let me go ahead and answer it here: You have to be at the event to buy raffle tickets or bid on auction items. It’s a benefit of attendance. There’s no perfect solution – if you aren’t attending I would encourage you to contribute to the Stone Family at the Ballpark or online or at PlainsCapital Bank locations across the Metroplex (details on all of this available at this Rangers website link) – but to be fair to those who paid to attend our event, we’re giving them the exclusive opportunity to participate in the raffle and auction. Hope that makes sense.
That said, even though the pregame events (including the Q&A sessions with Kevin Goldstein and Jason Parks of Baseball Prospectus and with Rangers GM Jon Daniels) are closed, if you’re interested in sitting with the Newberg Report group during the game, tickets are available for $100 if you want to watch from a luxury suite, or $15 if you want to sit in the Upper Reserved sections we’ll be in. We’ll close sales of those tickets Friday so we can get final numbers to the Rangers.
This year’s Newberg Report Night is sponsored by Brett Murphy of Murphy Custom Homes.
The live auction (presided over as always by Luther Davis of Davis Auctioneers) and raffle will include:
- An autographed Josh Hamilton World Series jersey
- A Vernon Wells Sr. limited edition “All-Time Rangers Hits Leader” lithograph of Michael Young, autographed by Young and Wells
- An ALCS baseball signed by Nolan Ryan and Jim Sundberg
- A 2010 World Series print signed by Nolan Ryan, Jon Daniels, and Thad Levine (artist Pat Payton)
- An autographed Ian Kinsler jersey with World Series patch
- An autographed Alex Rodriguez Rangers jersey
- An autographed Rafael Palmeiro Rangers jersey
- An autographed Hank Blalock Rangers jersey
- A 24 x 36 poster featuring Nolan Ryan, Hank Aaron, Pete Rose, and Rickey Henderson, signed by Ryan and authenticated by Steiner Sports
- A 2011 Newberg Report Bound Edition signed by Nolan Ryan, Jon Daniels, Thad Levine, Don Welke, Chuck Greenberg, and John Rhadigan
- Hand-painted floorboards of several Rangers players and one of Jason Kidd, which is also autographed (artist Jason Adams)
- Several autographed baseballs, including Derek Holland, Tommy Hunter, Round Rock outfielder Leonys Martin, and Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith
- A copy of Carson Leslie’s book “Carry Me,” autographed by Michael Young
- An autographed 8 x 10 print of C.J. Wilson (artist Pat Payton)
- An autographed 8 x 10 photo of Michael Young
- An autographed 8 x 10 photo of Ivan Rodriguez
- Free Chick-fil-A for a year (can be used at any location)
- Two season tickets to the Artisan Center Theater mainstage shows and children’s playhouse shows for the 2012 season and remainder of the 2011 season
- Some really, really cool stuff from Rangers team photographer Brad Newton
When we have final details, I’ll identify who donated these items to the effort. Uplifting stuff.
And a reminder: Brian Maines of Johnny Velvet Tees and I are donating 100 percent of the proceeds on all Newberg Report T-Shirts this week to the Rangers Foundation’s memorial account in honor of Shannon Stone. The shirts come in blue or pink, and in nine sizes. You can check them out and order them here.