NEWBERG REPORT: VARIOUS UPDATES
A few things:
CHAT SESSION: Victor Rojas, the Rangers’ radio color analyst, joins us today for a live chat session at 2:30 Central time. Click “CHAT” on the side menu at http://www.newbergreport.com to join.
2007 BOUND EDITION: The books came off the presses Thursday. All prepaid orders have been packaged and shipped this morning (unless you told me to hold yours until Wednesday’s book release party).
BOOK RELEASE PARTY: A few more details about Wednesday’s gathering at Tin Star:
1. The players – Ian Kinsler, C.J. Wilson, Kameron Loe, John Danks, and Taylor Teagarden – will sign autographs and conduct a Q&A from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m., but I would encourage you to arrive at 5:00 if you can. That way, you can take care of your book purchases and get in line for autographs early, not to mention the fact that you’ll have time to eat before the event begins.
2. Remember, you must buy (or bring with you) the 2007 Bound Edition in order to get autographs (limit of three autographs per player – that’s 15 total). We’ll be set up (like last year) on Tin Star’s heated, covered patio; there will be a table near the entrance to the patio where you’ll get your 2007 Bound Edition if you don’t have yours by then (and remember to fill out the forms I emailed you ahead of time, whether you’ve prepaid or plan to buy your book that night – let me know if you need a new copy emailed to you).
If you’ve prepaid, we’ll have a list you’ll need to be checked off of in order to get your books. Once you have your books in hand, you can get in the autograph line.
3. Tin Star is at 2626 Howell Street in the Uptown area a few minutes north of Downtown Dallas. Here’s a map.
4. The $25 cost of the book gets you the following:
a. The 2007 Bound Edition
b. A voucher good for one complimentary Rangers ticket for each ticket you purchase at regular price for a regular season Rangers game in 2007 (Sunday through Thursday, excluding April 8, May 1-3, June 24, and July 4). You can make this a buy one/get one free, a buy two/get two, whatever. Offer is valid for tickets valued up to $25 and is subject, of course, to availability.
c. 10% off your food and drink order at Tin Star that night (discount does not apply to alcoholic beverages). Just tell them at the counter that you’re there for the Newberg Report event.
5. PAYMENT: You may pay for your books with cash, check, money orders, or credit card. (Credit card payments will need to be made at the food counter – they will ring your book orders up and you’ll need to bring the credit card receipts back to the patio to get your books.)
6. SPECIALS: I will have previous editions of the books with me as well, so you will be able to take advantage of both specials Wednesday night:
a. If you buy at least two copies of the 2007 book, you will get a free Bound Edition from any previous year (except 2003, which is currently out of stock), your choice, as long as my supply of those respective books lasts.
b. A gift set of all seven available Bound Editions (2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007) is available for $100, which is a $15 discount.
7. TIN STAR GIFT CERTIFICATES: If you buy a $25 Tin Star gift card while you are there, you will get a free $5 gift certificate for yourself.
I’m looking forward to Wednesday. And for those who prepaid for the 2007 Bound Edition, thanks – your books have been shipped.